Bracket 5: Quarters of Change v. Dexter and the Moonrocks (2.45p)

Which one are you attending?

Quarters of Change
57%
Dexter and the Moonrocks
43%

Total votes: 7

allistelling
Site Admin

Bracket 5: Quarters of Change v. Dexter and the Moonrocks (2.45p)

Post by allistelling »

Bracket 5
rebhill

Re: Bracket 5: Quarters of Change v. Dexter and the Moonrocks (2.45p)

Post by rebhill »

I'm a little torn on this one. On a few listens I think bands are pretty good. Neither one is wowing me
jgo2024

Post by jgo2024 »

So Dexter and the Moonrocks is a band that I have listened to on the playlist, but not really by themselves. They are fun and funny. SLG makes me laugh and is a great song to dance about to... Birds and Bees is also fun. BUT I'll be honest, I forget about this band periodically. I'm looking forward to seeing the show and what they bring to it.
allistelling
Site Admin

Post by allistelling »

i am endeavoring to concentrate on saying nice things and keeping the not-nice things to myself. however: quarters of change, as a band, gives me absolutely nothing. no feel or pulse. it's like a book cover that's translucent and gives up on communicating anything. when their songs come on the playlist, sometimes i recall them but they pass by like the wind.

dexter and moonrocks do sound kind of soulful and enjoyable. a little template-ish (sometimes i imagine people in suits in a music label office describing bands to each other, and this description would rely on a lot of derivitives.). i will see them to pick up whatever lunar vibes i can get from them, but i'm with @jgo on this one: this bracket does not excite me.

i've compared another band already on here to trash panda (SK23); dexter's song "slg - demo" is another contender for "atlanta girls" energy (this is strangely neither an insult nor a compliment.)

verdict: dexter and the moonrocks